Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jesus, Keep Me Near the Cross

Jesus, keep me near the cross, 
There a precious fountain, 
Free to all, a healing stream, 
Flows from Calvary's mountain. 

Refrain: 
In the cross, in the cross
Be my glory ever, 
Till my raptured soul shall find 
Rest beyond the river. 

To the cross, a trembling soul, 
Love and mercy brought me; 
There the Bright and Morning Star 
Sheds its beams around me. 

Near the cross! O Lamb of God, 
Bring its scenes before me; 
Help me walk from day to day
With its shadows o'er me.

Near the cross I'll watch and wait, 
Hoping, trusting ever, 
Till I reach the golden strand 
Just beyond the river.

Fanny J. Crosby, 1869.

1 comment:

  1. I love this song...brings me back. We really should sing it more. Any special reason for posting it in your blog now?

    ReplyDelete